Saturday, April 30, 2011

for a second they're as young as they ever were

what's weird is when you write a sentence that you think is absolutely gorgeous, something you've articulated that taps into something profound up in the clouds, and then you read back over an old story and you realize - you've pulled it from something else, without even thinking.

it doesn't make it any less cool, though, in a way. you've still gotten it from somewhere in the course of human events, something that resonated with you.

I haven't written here in a while and I don't expect I will again, although who knows, I've thought that before. I'm working a pretty legit job this summer and going to Ireland in the fall. I'm trying to make sense of a lot of things and I keep buying dresses, for some reason. I think maybe I want to go to Peru and Ecuador and teach little kids how to write and hike through the Andes.

two weeks from tonight I'll be with my family in a hotel in the suburbs. night after that I'll be home. in between now and then I have to take three finals, write one long-form news feature, get drunk at least twice, go out to lunch with a lot of people, and go to Fenway one last time for the year 2011. I'll also be turning 20. bring it.

1 comment:

  1. When you have time and want to share what you can write in here, be sure to receive is for the interest of everyone to blog. friv juegos

    ReplyDelete