Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I will try to shake away this disease.

I am still dreaming of your face, hungry and hollow for all the things you took away
I don't wanna be your good time; I don't wanna be your fall-back crutch anymore.

I think I'm done now. I think I'm good. I think we're friends and I am okay and I will miss talking about life and road trips and the best goalies in the world with you, this summer when we don't see each other, but I will be fine. I think I've made my peace with you; you are absolved.

finals are hard to focus on when you know you have a real-world job starting in 13 days and you're going to Tennessee in a couple months and you might have an awesome camera waiting for you at home, and you're gonna see your family and your best friend soon and you're gonna see Pittsburgh soon. it's really hard to give a fuck about a political science class you never gave a fuck about anyway. at this point there's a good chance I'm going to write Wilco lyrics as the answer to every question and just peace out after half an hour.

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful and perfect and I miss you so much. It's been a really big, difficult day of dealing with people I didn't necessarily want to deal with and hearing things I didn't want to know about and now I'm faced with a whole lot of stuff that I don't know how to process yet and I'm confused and feel like I should tell an adult but what the fuck, I AM an adult and if I don't know what to do then how will anyone else? Annie, I'm so tired. I wish he would have just left us all alone and I wish that Mike's mom would leave me alone. I don't say mean things to/about her anymore. There's no point, it doesn't help anything. But she just keeps saying that I'm fat or that my tongue ring means I'm a slut or that I probably cheat on Mike all the time and I just. Can't. And I miss you and want you to come home and sweep me off to Tennessee where there will be music and sun and you can tell me we're gonna be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going through blogs and came across yours. You write so well. Those small things u make others feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete