Tuesday, January 12, 2010

s'laters, Pennsylvania, you had better be beautiful and springy the next time I see you.

so, I went home, and I came back to Boston, which I keep almost accidentally referring to as home. good to be there, good to be here.

this semester on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights I am working at the newspaper office in the city section, having a group guitar class, and working at the newspaper office in the sports section, respectively. add in the fact that I have only one class on Wednesdays, giving me all kinds of time to skate at the rink on the other end of campus...fuck yeah, college.

someday soon, I will figure out what kind of writing I actually want to go into; I will either give in to the fact that sports basically own my life and the fact that the universe really wants me to be a sportswriter, or catch up musically with the rest of the world and go back to being a rock critic like I always wanted. or maybe I'll eschew them both with a firm hand and be a novelist. (as if I could ever write something with enough of a plot to fill a novel.)

you know, I'm pretty happy. there are of course things I want (Red Sox tickets! a way to instantly lose ten pounds! an actual hockey team to play on!) but I'm pretty happy with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment