Saturday, September 11, 2010

saturday afternoon


I love doing my own grocery shopping. Makes me feel grown up and all that. I went an extra mile out of my way today to go to the Shaw's in Brookline just because I've never been there before, and I had to get my grapes, pretzels, cereal bars and yogurt somewhere. Also, apparently everything is on sale all the time at Shaw's. I seem to have saved $4.68 without even trying.

Brookline (the most immediate suburb of Boston, it runs pretty much all along the edge of my campus) is odd - it's mostly national-chain restaurants and drugstores, but here and there you'll see a weird little one-of-a-kind place stuck between them all. I saw something advertised as a Russian Bookstore today; is this a bookstore that sells only Russian books? Run by Russians? Run in the style of Russians? Everything straight from St. Petersburg? I'm going to have to investigate that. And I'm gonna have to try to do it at a time when the train isn't overrun by Boston College kids in matching shirts with perfect hair. They make me uncomfortable in about seven different ways.

The plan for now is to go hang out and do Spanish homework down here:


The leaves aren't changing yet, obviously, but it's kind of alarming how soon they will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment