Monday, September 7, 2009

till the sun came up (or was it going down for the night?)


on the fantastic-things-to-do-in-the-wee-hours-of-the-morning list, I don't think anything will ever top watching A Hard Day's Night, then talking in British accents about university and Radiohead and Anderson Cooper until 5 AM. ever.

however, last night may have been a close second. I ended up sitting in the common room of somebody else's floor with a bunch of other people who didn't even live there, including a guy from Australia with THE MOST FANTASTIC ACCENT I HAVE EVER HEARD, I WANT HIM TO WALK AROUND WITH ME TALKING TO ME ALL THE TIME, and a kid who's lived in Vienna and Spain and I think perhaps Germany. and of course, upon hearing I was from Pittsburgh, both of them - who have NEVER LIVED IN THE US BEFORE - were like "ohhhh, the Steelers!" lord. Steeler Nation precedes me everywhere I go. hahaha.

but really. I haven't laughed that hard in weeks, for sure, maybe months. not at the Steelers thing in particular, just - watching people try to act out "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is a fantastic way to spend the hour between 2 and 3 AM. I guess I'll always be a dork; probably at least half of this university was out somewhere getting drunk, or at least at a party (which I was, earlier in the evening, and it wasn't nearly as fun); I was playing charades and having the time of my life. I am pretty damn pleased with that.

4 comments:

  1. agreed so hard. we really do have much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no doubt. also. i are mike indeed :D of course you'll get married. and probably not to chandler bing, either. ...which admittedly is something of a disappointment. by the way, you will be one of my bridesmaids when i get married. there's no getting out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah, I would really love to get married to Chandler. alas. we'll see if anything else coemes up. and dude, I wouldn't even want to get out of being a bridesmaid at your wedding (especially if we can get Weird Al there.)

    ReplyDelete