Monday, May 3, 2010

distraction #74. blogger still won't let me upload images

there's so much I want to say. most of the time I don't have anyone to say it to here at school. I'm sure that's part of why I've written so much this year (on Wednesday or Thursday, when I have nothing to do, I might count up all the words I've written this year, outside of the epic stuff I've had to do for class). I've always written better than I talk.

I'm not excited-without-reservations to go home. after the Bruins game on Saturday I sat outside in the sun just looking at the North End, being in this second city of mine and enjoying it. today I went to the badass record store on west campus for the first time. walked there. can't walk anywhere at home. there's a whole lot I love about Boston, and about being here (and I am seeing Jon Lester pitch at Fenway tomorrow night, and it had better not fucking rain because I am 2EXCITED4LIFE).

but I'm ready to go home. I'm ready to speak freely and be comfortable just about all the time. I'm ready to have my car back and not have to wake up every time my roommates get up, because I won't have roommates. I'm ready to drive into Pittsburgh and get to know my first city a little better. I'm ready for the Pens on my TV, not on a shitty internet feed that routinely breaks down during the second period. I'm ready for my friends and family and epic adventures and summer. and oh yeah, shit, I turn 19 on Thursday. what a weird age.

No comments:

Post a Comment