Sunday, August 15, 2010

ashtray floors, dirty clothes and filthy jokes

it turns out I was right about being able to live on the road, I think. it doesn't bother me not knowing where I'm going to sleep from one night to the next. it doesn't bother me living on coffee and whatever other food I can stumble across, keeping an eye on every exit sign for a place to stop and rest. I like trip!world. I want to live there. that's enough stability for me. the freedom to go where I want and when is enough stability for me. I can write for travel magazines and sites for money. I can play guitar on the streets. I require very little money to exist, in general. I just need someone to talk to, somewhere to go, and a way to get there. I truly think I could live that way indefinitely.

my Ted Leo love is coming back to the surface with a vengeance, and the Dropkick Murphys keep coming up on shuffle and Pedroia's about to get off the DL, finally. this all probably means it's time for me to go back to Boston. I'm in a weird place where I'm wanting to go back, and missing it there, but also preemptively missing it here, and simultaneously WANTING TO DO EVERYTHING and just wanting to sleep and read and watch baseball. hooooo hum.

1 comment:

  1. I love trip!world. It's perfect and I think we should endeavor to stay there forever. Or at least for a bit of forever. I'm preemptively missing you. A lot. :( THERE WILL BE VISITS.

    ReplyDelete