Wednesday, August 11, 2010

reading with the tv on

done working my shitty retail job for the summer. hurrah! I have financed my voyage to Minnesota and some decent clothes for school, and I can buy Sox and Bruins tickets (for when the Pens are in town, and also whenever my friends and I decide to go because we're grown-ass women and we caaaaaan) this year without feeling way guilty. call it a success. ignore the fact that my neck keeps doing this popping thing, hurts like the dickens, etc. I'm putting myself on the 15-day disabled list from life, or at least from lifting watermelons. also my shoulder hurts. if it fucks with my slider or my curveball I will not be amused.

currently rediscovering the Ramones. fuck yeah, I'm fifteen. need to get to a record store sometime soon because there's a lot of stuff I want to get. finally listened to the Husker Du album I got last summer and didn't like it all that much. they're not as good as the Replacements, you see. vocals low in the mix is a good way to lose me.

my brother and I are going adventuring soon, not sure where because we were thinking about Cincinnati (which is a hard word to spell) but a) I am a little sick of driving in Ohio and b) while I now have some money, it's probs not enough to waste on a place like Cincy. I think. EVEN THOUGH I COULD SEE THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS IN TWO WEEKS, OH GOD, maybe I'm reconsidering. I would willingly drive ten hours round trip, through Ohio, to see Tim Lincecum pitch in person. this is a problem. aw, fuck.

my next potential job, should I actually get it, might require me to walk through South Boston way later at night than an unarmed kid should ever walk through South Boston. stay tuned.

my family's out doing shit and my friends all have some kind of commitment tonight, although fuck knows what Eric's doing because apparently he doesn't text back anymore. whatevah. I have many, many things I need to read and write, and a Giants-Cubs game I could watch at 10.

oh yeah, and last weekend Ohio was actually gorgeous.

sometimes I think I could live on a farm. one with a minimum of animals, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment