Wednesday, August 19, 2009

48 hours needs 48 thrills

I leave Saturday for school. Saturday, three days from now. I remember going to see Star Trek the day after graduation, driving around with the windows down with everyone and dancing in the parking lot and trying to absorb the fact that it was summer, FINALLY, after the longest school year of my life. (it still hasn't really sunk in that it's summer. I think I'm whiter than I was in May.)

I feel like I should have done more. nearly every day this summer I wanted to get on Route 30 and just drive west. if you drive west on Route 30, you get to Oregon eventually. and I miss the West Coast like hell. on a somewhat smaller scale, I wanted to stay out all night somewhere, just accidentally end up spending the night at somebody else's house (not necessarily in the way that sounds, haha, just hanging out so late that it ends up being morning by the time you go home.) there were a lot of things I always sort of assumed would happen the summer after my senior year. a lot of them didn't. such is life.

and here I am, watching VH1 Classic's Greatest Songs of the 80s. last night I watched Anderson Cooper till midnight (this is an integral part of summer for me. I love that goofy little white-haired man). it does not feel like anything life-altering is going to transpire this weekend. but it is. I just saw the "Holiday" video, and I still love Billie Joe Armstrong as much as I did in 2005 when it came out. I guess I feel like I'm older than I was then, but not by much.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you with the 2005 part.
    Its like...shit man, that was 4 years ago.
    Howd I get here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw it was a Michael jordan jersey.
    I lovvvvvved the chicago bulls growing up :)

    ReplyDelete