Saturday, August 29, 2009

everytime I think about back home...

I am all over the place today.
woke up, and it was way too damn hot in here, despite the fact that I fell asleep fine under a sheet and a comforter.
it was also 5:55 AM, because some accursed fucking thing was beeping endlessly. I suspect it belongs to one of my roommates, but I forgot to interrogate her about it. later.
the fourth time I woke up it was 11 and then I decided to go get dressed, etc.

there's some sort of hurricane remnant blowing around town, so my shoes and socks got completely soaked on the way to pick up my books at Barnes and Noble, but that was fine. I just needed to be by myself. I needed to walk and listen to music and not have to talk to anyone. if I could, I bet I would spend the next couple days just walking or taking the T around town with my iPod.

I bought Wonder Boys (because I totally need to miss Pittsburgh more right now). read it while waiting for my laundry. fucking love it already and I'm only about 40 pages in. I think that was the happiest I've been all day, just sitting there going "GAH MICHAEL CHABON WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE."

so, yeah. all four roommates are here. it's raining. there's a nice breeze coming in the window, though, and for some reason it's making me feel like I'm going to cry. oh, emotionality. I'm not sure when I started using this blog this much, but, here it is. I'm far, far from home and I don't know where else I can talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment