Thursday, February 4, 2010

i want to go (back) to there

Places I Miss, Ireland edition, because I feel like it (click to make any of the pictures bigger as usual):

the first picture I ever took outside of North America...our hotel door in Galway. that place was sweet, though. maybe it was just the places we stayed but I think standard Irish hotel rooms are bigger than American ones.

legit rainbow.

Oscar Wilde was chillin' in the middle of town so I thought I'd say hello.

CHEESEMONGERS.

the town square, which was way too pretty.

Galway is pretty much The Town of Random Splashes of Color. random houses in the middle of a row are suddenly blue or red, random little pennants and things. it's lovely.

sky over river = one of my favorite things in the entire world

see? random colorful houses.

western Ireland looks a bit like the end of the world, in general. in an awesome way.

we didn't walk on footpath. well, we did a bit but we also walked on rocks.

nnngh ocean

lol Tom.

people in Galway match their cars to their houses, apparently.

though this one was a bit off.

if you weren't aware, I have a serious thing for rivers.

Joe fucking Strummer on a chair. wot?

this would get hella epic if I did the whole trip, actually, so we'll just leave at that because that's all the best ones from Galway.

and this has all made me want to reread A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. why am I such a pretentious literary ass?

1 comment:

  1. I miss you, love. After California can we do Ireland?

    ReplyDelete