Thursday, October 1, 2009

i've got your letter, you've got my song.

the day I meet a boy who says Pinkerton is his favorite Weezer album - and that nothing after that was really that great - will be the day I fall completely and irrevocably in love.

seriously, I forgot how much I fucking love this album. I listened to it the whole way through at least once a week in junior high, and I could NOT be interrupted during that 34:32. I honestly feel like I'm violating tradition and propriety right now - it's light in this room and I'm doing something other than just listening to "Across the Sea". not okay.

Rivers, Rivers, Rivers. I will never understand how you can resign yourself to making this bullshit borderline-comedy..."music" you're putting out now. it's okay. I'll always love you anyway. (but you know why Pinkerton is so good? it's because he wasn't afraid to be vulnerable. it's because you can hear him pushing his voice on nearly every song, maybe a little afraid, but going ahead with it anyway. it's because he's being honest. and I don't think we've heard him do it again since.)

but seriously. if you've never heard this album, go and fucking buy it right now.

3 comments:

  1. I freakin love how you described that album!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks man! I guess it's the rock writer in me. I could ramble about that album for ever.

    ReplyDelete