Wednesday, March 3, 2010

these streets will make you feel brand new

I keep having the urge to make entire epic posts of just song lyrics. so I'm giving in.

"what do we have for entertainment?
cops kicking gypsies on the pavement
now the news, snap to attention
lunar landing of the dentists' convention
Italian mobster shoots a lobster
seafood restaurant gets out of hand
a car in the fridge, a fridge in the car
what cowboys do in TV land
you lot! [wot?]
don't stop, give it all you got...
don't you ever stop long enough to start?
take your car outta that gear"

"Dirty old river
must you keep rolling,
flowing into the night
People so busy
make me feel dizzy
taxi light shines so bright.

But I don't feel afraid
as long as I gaze at Waterloo Sunset
I am in paradise
Every day I look at the world from my window
chilly, chilly is the evening time
Waterloo Sunset's fine"

[fact: I often look out my window and listen to this song]

"we've come so far, we've been so wasted
it's written all over our faces
we are the last call and it's so pathetic"


"why bother? it's gonna hurt me
gonna kill when you desert me
this happened to me twice before
it won't happen to me anymore"


"I took a look around, I believe in hand-me downs
the treasures that we found when we were brand new
now that we're old and worn
a little ripped and torn
one day we'll be reborn
one day I will meet you right back here"


"I've been wasted
Pills and alcohol
And I've been chasing
Down the pool halls

Then I drank the water
From a hurricane
And I set a fire
Just to see the flame

I just want to see the light
And I don't want to lose my sight
Well I just want to see the light
And I need to know what's worth the fight"


"as I was walking through a life one morning
the sun was out, the air was warm but oh,
I was cold
though I must have looked a half a person
to tell the tale in my own version
it was only then that I felt whole
do you believe in something beautiful?
then get up and be it."


"one hand in the air for the big city
street lights, big dreams all lookin' pretty
no place in the world that can compare"


"here, with all the pleasures of the first world
laid out before us
who are we to break down?"


"
Only love
Can make it rain
The way the beach is kissed by the sea
Only love
Can make it rain
Like the sweat of lovers
Laying in the fields.
love, reign o'er me
love, reign o'er me
"



"this is a call to all my past resignations:
it's been too long."

if you can name all of those songs, or even a few, you're my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. this list kicks ass.
    sometimes the only thing that needs blogged is lyrics hah.

    ReplyDelete