Thursday, March 25, 2010

you were a child, crawling on your knees toward it


haha, so. a good friend of mine just reconnected, via Facebook, with this kid we went to camp with...six years ago? has it really only been six years this summer? were we that old? (that young?) he was a cute kid when he was thirteen, anyway. now he's still sort of cute but he looks like kind of a...I don't know the word. kind of potentially tiresome? but maybe not, maybe profile pictures aren't anything to go on, haha. he's a sophomore at IUP, anyway. crazy shit.

I still have the little blue journal at home I took to camp that year, man. that was a good year. I wrote letters back and forth for a couple months after I came home with this kid named Jack from Ohio. we wrote a comic strip together. then it turned out we both sucked at correspondence, and he sent me something like a year later that I kept meaning to respond to and...didn't. fuck, I still feel bad about that sometimes. Jack was a nice kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment