Saturday, April 10, 2010

i'm worried, i'm always in love.

I go a week between updates a lot.

I miss hockey intensely. playing, that is. I went to the women's hockey banquet today - the coach invited us sportswriters, he is the nicest human in the world - and I miss my team. It's kind of surprised me how many of them have said they miss me too. Love those bitches.

I watched most of two baseball games last night. I think I love the Oakland A's, for a variety of mostly stupid and mostly personal/interpersonal reasons. I'm also certain that I love the Boston Red Sox, but that isn't news. Dustin Pedroia stole my heart two years ago at Fenway.

I want to live in Northern California for at least a year. It's been decided. I think I might work for the San Jose Sharks. Or the A's. Or freelance write for whoever wants me to.

I might be going to Minneapolis this summer. It's hard to articulate how fucking excited I am about that.

I am seeing Ted Leo in three to four hours. I have a huge musical crush on him and kind of just want to sit and talk to him about the Clash and living in Boston and Bruce Springsteen.

I don't know why I never listened to Wilco before this point but I kind of love them.

Pens' last regular-season game is tomorrow night. I hope so hard that they're still playing when I get home in May, that's all I'm saying.

I can't wait for it to be May, and to be home with my car and my favorite people and my TV and my bed, and my couch. There is a serious lack of couches in my life at school.

I also think this last month in Boston-town could potentially be really great. I've sort of found a home at the newspaper office, which I really should have known would happen all along. I'm still in transition, still in progress, but I'm eighteen and that's how I'm supposed to be.

I'm listening to a lot of old, and new, Green Day lately. Comfort music, but also The Greatest Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment